Sunday 29 May 2011

The Cat Club Welcome To Hollywood by Mandi Leigh

My latest novel I have finished is The Cat Club Welcome To Hollywood by Mandi Leigh. This is Mandi Leigh’s first novel. Taking a different direction in her career as a pop singer, the question in my mind was I wonder if her novel is as good as her songs?
Plot
Veronica Brooks, or Ronnie as we get to know her is a 19 year old singer and is at the top of her career. Life in the public eye is not all it is cracked up to be and one of the big problems is “The Cat Club” the group of jealous girls clawing for the spotlight. As Ronnie is living every girls dream and living the life of luxury, she soon finds herself wanting to take a step back in her career and have a taste of the real world when she meets a mysterious man who can offer her all she wants. With Ronnie out of the way this gives her rival Ashlyn a clear path to step up and try and take Ronnie’s place as the “Golden Girl” in the spot light. Thing is will Ronnie be able to face seeing Ashlyn in her place?

My opinion
I found the first part of the book a little slow to start but I am glad I persevered with the book as by the time I was half way through, the book was flowing at a nice pace. The main character of this book was the lovely Ronnie Brooks, I found I warmed to her character from pretty early on in this book. In my opinion she did seem a little grown up for a 19 year old girl but I assume this is because of the lonely but demanding job she has had for the past 3 years. I did find that I felt a little sorry for Ronnie all the way through this book as she seems to be surrounded by people but is actually very alone, this made me warm to the character even more. I felt in parts of the book it felt like I was reading a biography and part of me wonders if the author is putting some of her previous experience into the character of Ronnie as these parts where very believable to read which made the book enjoyable and not too farfetched. I do think there could have been a little more added to the storyline but I think this is something we will see in the next book that comes out. This book is an easy read not to challenging and I think is border line on adult novel and young adult novel. I found it an enjoyable read and the book is left at the right moment leaving you wanting more so I will defiantly be reading the next book in the series when it comes out early next year. I feel this Author is going to grow with each book she rights and we can already see from her first novel that there is a great deal of talent there.
You will find this little hidden gem of a book on Amazon or direct from LuLu.com
**Special Thanks For the copy sent to me by Mandi Leigh**

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS