Sunday 8 May 2011

Chasing Daisy by Paige Toon

Today was my day off of work and with the brilliant sun finally shining I did no more than sat in the garden and read PaigeToon's Chasing Daisy. This is the first book I have read by Paige Toon but the bright front cover was calling me in!

PLOT
Daisy Rogers works as front of house for the Formula 1 racing's catering firm. She is staring to enjoy life again and is going out each night with the gang from work and her new best friend Holly who works alongside her. Her work life soon becomes involved with her personal life when she falls in love with Will who is one of the racing drivers the trouble is he has a long term girlfriend. Daisy's feelings for Will does not go unnoticed as Louis (the other racing driver) sees the way she looks each time he walks into the room. Will Louis be able to keep this secret or will he have reasons of his own to inform Daisy that he knows?

My Opinion
I really enjoyed this book as I am sure you can tell seen as I have finished the book in a day! The character of Daisy is a warm and loving character which I managed to warm to straight from the first chapter. Although the story was based around the formula 1 circuit there was still a great romantic feel to the book but also I found a few of the chapters were heartbreaking. I think this was more because you didn't see what was going to happen next as the story is not predictable so I found some parts was upsetting but this only made me want to read on to see what was going to happen next. Parts of the story seemed so real when you was reading it but it is not until you read the acknowledgements by Paige Toon at the back of the book that she tells us that her Father was a racing driver which is why the details of the racing circuit seemed so real and also the crash which she writes about for one of her characters is based on the crash she watched as she was a child involving her Father, I think this is why the book was so touching because it was written with depth as it was based on real events . I was a little apprehensive when I started to read this book as it was straight into the formula 1 theme and I cannot say I am a huge fan on car racing so it is not my idea of a perfect read but I soon changed my mind when the book worked its magic and had me hooked!

Having now read this book I cannot wait to read another book by Paige Toon, as I can say that Chasing Daisy is one of the best books that I have read. I would highly recommend this book especially to any of you who are chick-lit lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS