Tuesday 31 May 2011

I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk

I saw this book when I was looking in the library new books section and the cover shouted out to me even though it was an author I had not heard of before. The front cover looks like your typical fun, chick-lit style read.

The problem was it was not until I got home and started to read that I found out that this book was the third in the series after I Heart New York and I heart Hollywood.
I was unsure if to carry on reading as I was worried I wouldn't be able to fall into the story having not read the previous books. The trouble was I didn't have another book so I carried on.

The book is about Angela Clarke who writes her own blog. At the beginning of this book her boyfriend, Alex, suggests a trip to Paris which fits in nicely with a new job opportunity for Angela to write a piece for Belle magazine on Paris and also for Alex to play at a festival.

Trouble starts with the moment Angela gets on the plane and the disasters keep coming. When arriving in Paris Angela finds that her luggage has been blown up so she only has the items which she is standing in. If this was not bad enough when she walks into the cafe to meet Alex she sees a blonde bombshell sitting on his lap! Angela finds herself very isolated and a little home sick in this book when she finds out some truths about Alex's past, and finds herself at a point where her job, relationship, and friendships are all on the line.

What was meant to be a nice romantic break to Paris was actually the break from hell. You find when you are reading this book you keep thinking surely things cannot get any worse for Angela but something else always seems to happen.

As I said I didnt read the previous books but I have to say I still flowed along nicely with the story. There were a few references which kept coming up to do with a past relationship and a previous trip to LA which obviously I could not relate to. I would advise you to read the previous two books first!

I was surprised how much I warmed to Angela as a character as I would have thought with there being three books her personality would have to grow on you but I did not find that this was the case. You generally felt for Angela on many occasions .
There was a surprising twist towards the end of the book which I really did not see coming but had me on the edge of my seat! I do love a book with twists and not being able to predict what is going to happen in the next chapter. I do find many chick-lit books become repetitive but this book was defiantly not following in those footsteps.

I enjoyed this book so much I am now going to try and get the other two books to read. I can only hope that they are as good, if not better than this book.
This book is a light chick- lit read and would be an ideal holiday book. I still think that there could be another book released after this one as things were not tied up at the end of the book her life is still left hanging in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS