Sunday 29 May 2011

The Sweetest Taboo by Carole Matthews

Every where I turn at the moment I keep finding more and more Carole Matthews books. I was shopping in Asda the other day and see they had The Sweetest Taboo by Carole Matthews for £1. Before any of you tell me to check what I have wrote I have not missed off a digit yes it was a pound!! How can you walk over a book by an author as good as this for a pound! I have to say it is the best pound I have ever spent!

The Sweetest Taboo is about Sadie Nelson, a single girl who has lost her high fly job and feels as if her life is going no-where. Whilst she is doing a little temp job she meets Gil McGann who is a Hollywood film producer and takes a shine to Sadie. When Gil goes back to Hollywood he misses Sadie and decides to ask her to just drop everything and fly out to be with him. This sounded like a chance of a lifetime and a chance to finally start living her life.
Things go from bad to worse when Sadie arrives at the airport and there is no sign of Gil. Many problems arise for this couple in particular Sadies friendship with the hot Tavis Jones.
Will Sadie be able to make a life for herself in Hollywood or will it soon be time to go back to London?

I love the character of Sadie in this book. I instantly warmed to her character, she felt like a true friend. Unfortunatly Sadie is not a lucky lady and trouble and messy situations seem to follow her.
The character of Gil was a little harder to like. I found my opinion of him change through the book. At times you felt like you just wanted to shake him to wake him up and finally see sense!
Tavis Jones is very misunderstood by Sadie and to be truthful also by the reader for about half of the book. He is a wonderful character, one that you have no trouble warming to. He brings a little humour to Sadie and to the book.

I really enjoyed this book. I found that there were no low parts to this book from the first chapter I was drawn straight into the story and I was hooked. I loved the fact that the book was in no way predictable you didn't know from one chapter to the next what was going to happen or how the story was going to end. There was also a nice touch of a humour in this book which mainly happened when Sadie and Tavis were out together which made it quite exciting when a chapter started off with the two of them meeting. I atuaslly found myself laughing at a certain part of the book involving a man in a green thong with a pipe!
Any Carole Mattews fans out there or any chick-lit lovers this book is for you and it will not disappoint. If you are after an easy read with a touch of romance and pinch of humour this is the next read for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS