Sunday 8 May 2011

Trust Me I'm A Vet by Cathy Woodman

I came across this book when I was in the library, I have to say I would not usually go out of my way to read a book about animals as they are not a great interest of mine but a month or so ago I read a book about lost dogs and thoroughly enjoyed it so I thought I would give this one a go.



Our main character in this book is Maz Harwood. She is a vet who up until recent events have worked as a vet in the city. Her partner who also is her boss decides he wants to make another go of a relationship with his ex-wife which breaks Maz's heart and makes working in that environment hard so she decides to leave work.


An opportunity comes up for Maz to help out her old college friend Emma who has a vet practice in the country and it seems the right time for her so accepts Emma's proposal. Little does Maz know just how hard this will be as the vet clinic is in financial trouble which is left for Maz to sort out but does she manage this or does she just make things worse?

As you can expect there is a love interest in this book who comes by the name of Alex but like many romances things do not go smoothly especially due to the fact that part of the financial ruin of the vetinary clinic is thanks to Alex's family vet practice. It just goes to show you can not choose who you are going to fall in love with.

I found this book a light hearted read. There were many references to animals in the general running of a vetinary clinic so if you are in deed an animal lover I think you would thoroughly enjoy this book. I found many parts of the book very predictable but this didn't ruin the book it just had you gasping at the characters in the book saying how could you not have seen that coming!!


I found this a similar kind of read to a review I done a while back by Lucy Dillon called Lost dogs and Lonely hearts. The city heart broken girl who comes to the country to deal with animals and get her life back on track! There are many characters in this book both human and animals which you sometimes get muddled up but due to it being a light hearted read this does not ruin the story.


If you are looking for a book with humour this is really not the book for you as in my opinion there were no funny points in the book. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked Lost Dogs and Lonely hearts. It definatly would appeal to anyone who loves animals.
There is a follow on to this book called It's a Vets Life. The first chapter of this book is in the end of Trust me I'm a Vet so you can have a snippet before you buy.

3 comments:

  1. Do you need a dependable veterinarian in Sarojini Nagar? Your go-to place for excellent vet near me is CGS Hospital. vet near me We're dedicated to preserving the health and happiness of your animal friends with preventive care and cutting-edge therapies

    ReplyDelete
  2. CGS Hospital in Gurgaon is your trusted dog hospital near me. Our dedicated team provides top-notch veterinary care, ensuring the well-being of your beloved canine companion. With state-of-the-art facilities and a caring approach, your pet's health is in safe hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CGS Hospital Gurgaon is a premier healthcare facility dedicated to your well-being. With a team of experienced doctors, cutting-edge technology, a commitment to compassionate care, we offer a wide range of medical services.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS