Sunday 8 May 2011

The Way To A Womans Heart by Christina Jones

As most of you will know from my previous reviews I am a keen reader. My favourite Author by far is the lovely Christina Jones. I have read every one of her books and I can honestly say they have never disappointed me.

Christina's newer books such as Moonshine, Happy Birthday and Love Potions are all stories set around the surrounding villages of Bagley-cum-Russet, Fiddlesticks and Hazy Hassocks. Each book sees a new character brought in around these villages but characters from the other books all seem to make an appearance in each of the books. Although having said this I personally do not think you need to read any of these books in a particular order as they do all stand alone in their stories and are not a continuation series of books.

I have long waited for Christina Jones to bring out her new book The Way To A Woman's Heart to be released. As soon as I got home I started to read it....... oh ok and I finished it too!!!!

***PLOT***
Ella Maloney has come to a point in her life where she wants more in life. The job she has she doesn't enjoy, the relationship she is in is going nowhere. She finds a way out of this life after finding an advert in the paper to move to the country and help a lady, to look after her little boy George.
Ella knows she has made the right choice but when she meets Poll she reveals that there is more going on at this house which she hadn't informed Ella about. Poll is opening up her home to the lost causes who need a home, Ash, Billy and Trixie who each have their own unique characters but have two things in common, their love for cooking and their favourite T.V show Dewberrys Dinners.
The book comes into its own when the Dewsberrys Dinners show are looking for guests to compete on their show with a winning cheque and a chance to open their own restaurant.

***My Opinion***
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I could not put it down. Each of the characters I found I warmed to straight away. I also liked the way that the characters all flowed together nicely as there were quite a few strong characters in this book and I sometimes find with books that have too many lead characters I get a little confused as to who is who in certain parts of the book but I didn't find this happened in this book and I think that is because the characters personality where develop so well. This story is a light and enjoyable read. It is not to challenging and it holds a kind of humour I have read in no other authors books. Although there is a magical element in this book ( as there is with previous Christinas Jones books) this doesn't over power the book or make the book silly in any kind of way it just helps to bring more humour to the book and make it truly unique in its style of books.
I didn't find the book predictable which I enjoyed as you never know what is going to happen in the next chapter which keeps you guessing and page turning! I didn't find any low points to this book where you could just skim over a paragraph which to me makes this another excellent book of hers.
We meet a few of the characters from the previous books again in this book which gives it a nice familiar touch, but again with this book it stands alone and doesn't follow on from a previous book.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to try something a little different with a little humour included. It would be an ideal beach read although if you enjoy it as much as I did I would advise you to take her other books with you as you may need one a day!
I just hope it's not too long before her next book comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS