Thursday 30 June 2011

Tetterbaum's Truth by S.R Claridge



When I started this blog I never aimed to keep the books I review all one genre, but as you can see I am a huge fan of women’s fiction (or as it is widely known chick-lit! ). I have been lucky to have a huge pile of books to read and review and also some have been sent to me to read on my new Kindle! One of the kindle books that I have been putting aside reading is Tetterbaum’s Truth. I have often been sent murder mystery type books and by the 4-5 chapter I just give up so I have never read one to the end. Having just had my kindle arrive I was eager to read something on it so it was time to put Tetterbaum’s Truth to the test!




Plot.
Angel  Martin is left heartbroken as her fiancĂ© Tony tells her he can’t marry her and then vanishes from the face of the earth.
Trying to make a new start in her life she begins running Tetterbaum’s Pub but little does she know it is the most prestigious Mafia hangout in Chicago.

In a world filled with pretence of innocence and a past filled with iniquity, Angel's life hangs in a twisted balance of deception and revenge. Through an unlikely turn of events, Angel discovers her entire life has been a carefully orchestrated lie. No one is who they say they are and everyone has an agenda of their own.

Finding herself in the middle of a revengeful scheme from a past she's never known and a Mafia blackmail scandal that's already left several dead, Angel races to find answers.

The trouble is, the closer she gets to hidden evidence and tainted truths, the more the crime families want her out of the way. With her true identity now exposed, learning who she can trust 
becomes a matter of life and death and unravelling the past is her only hope for staying alive.


My Opinion
Tetterbaum’s Truth is the first book in the Just Call Me Angel series and what a great start to the series. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this with it being a genre I never could get into. When we first meet the main character Angel she just seems like a normal girl next door kind of girl who is broken hearted and so as the reader I found I could connect to her and found that her character was believable. We hope that after the heart ache in her life there are some changes coming her way but we were not expecting the kind of changes she found!

The suspense in this book was so gripping I really couldn’t work out who were the good guys and who were the bad guys and this is what kept my attention. I was sure I knew who was going to come out as one of the real bad guys but I was very surprised how wrong I was!
The story starts at a slow pace until all the series of events start to take place when the story flows along quite quickly with so much action going on there doesn’t seem to be a dull moment in this book.

I think the reason I enjoyed this book compared to the other murder mystery books I have read is because there was more than just the murder cases going on there was many different elements to this book with a nice touch of romance, suspense, action ( and for us ladies the Italian mafia!) how could you say no to that! The mafia element in this book made the story feel more familiar as I have been made to watch these kinds of films with my partner and I know if this book was made into a film it would be one he would want to see.

I look forward to reading the next book in the series to see what is happening in Angels life I am 
sure it will be as hell raising as the first book.

I would highly recommend this book which is not what I thought I would be writing about it. This book has broadened my book genre tastes!

** Thankyou to the publishers for sending me a review copy** 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to review my novel. I am thrilled you enjoyed it! :)

    Susan Claridge

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS