Thursday 10 November 2011

It Started With A Kiss by Miranda Dickinson.

After what seems like a life time of waiting I finally got my little hands on a copy of Miranda Dickinson’s It Started With A Kiss ( Thank you Miranda!!) For those of you who follow this blog you will remember we had Miranda over for an interview about her up and coming book, if you missed it here is your chance to check it out.
I have enjoyed Miranda’s previous two novels and so when I was looking for Christmas themed books for our Christmas Competition I came across the stunning cover of It Started With A Kiss and I couldn’t wait to get started.

Plot
As the singer in a wedding band, Romily Parker has seen her fair share of happy endings, even though her own love life isn't quite as simple.
On the last Saturday before Christmas, (shortly after disastrously declaring her love for best friend Charlie), Romily has a brief encounter with a handsome stranger whose heart-stopping kiss changes everything.
Determined to find him again, Romily embarks on a yearlong quest, helped (and sometimes hindered) by enthusiastic Uncle Dudley, cake-making Auntie Mags and flamboyant Wren. Will she find the man of her dreams? Or could true love be closer than she thinks?

My Opinion
The first thing which stands out for me in this book is the descriptive writing that Miranda Dickinson uses to set the scene straight from the start of the book. I felt as though I was there in the Christmas market with Romily which helps the storyline feel more real.

The book starts off at such a fast pace and throws us straight into a gripping storyline. By the end of the first chapter I loved the character of Romily she is so easy to connect to and you find your heart going out to her.
This book has a real mixture of content including Christmas, romance, music and suspense which means there is something for everyone in this book. I really couldn’t predict what I thought the ending was going to be in this book and this is what made it such a page turner.

This book is a must for those Christmas stockings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS