Friday 30 December 2011

Build a Man by Talli Roland


I think author Talli Roland likes to write books as much as I like to read them seen as she has managed an amazing 3 books published this year and all up to a great standard! The most recent release is Build a Man which I sat down last night to read and accidently finished in one night! I found that the book was an easy, gentle read that flowed at a comfortable pace meaning I didn’t put it down!

Plot
Slave to the rich and the rude, cosmetic surgery receptionist Serenity Holland longs for the day she's a high-flying tabloid reporter. When she meets Jeremy Ritchie -- the hang-dog man determined to be Britain's Most Eligible Bachelor by making himself over from head to toe and everything in between -- Serenity knows she's got a story no editor could resist.


With London's biggest tabloid on board and her very own column tracking Jeremy's progress from dud to dude, Serenity is determined to be a success. But when Jeremy's surgery goes drastically wrong and she's ordered to cover all the car-crash goriness, Serenity must decide how far she really will go for her dream job.

My Opinion
Well the whole question as to if I enjoyed the book or not I feel has already been answered in the timescale that I read the book. I would easily say that Build a Man is my favourite book by Talli Roland and I feel it is a mixture between the unique storyline ( well have you read a book based around plastic surgery and botox!) and a great mix of characters which makes this book a great read.

I found Serenity very likeable from the first chapter, as she came across as a very down to earth character. Jeremy was a lovely warm character who we feel a need to protect him because of his past and because of what Serenity is about to put this poor guy through. There was one character I could not stand from the first time I met him and that is Peter who is Serenity’s boyfriend and boss. I found myself gritting my teeth each time he was mentioned in the book.

I feel that Talli has made a great foundation book here, allowing us to get to know two great characters who I hope we will see continue through to her next book as we see the future of the two main characters progress.

There is such a fresh and exciting feel to this storyline because the plot is something new for the chick lit world, how on earth Talli Roland comes up with some of her plots I will never know although I would like to get inside this woman’s head as it seems a happy and humorous place to be!

I cannot wait to read the sequel to this book. Hurry and get your copy on kindle whilst it is still at this unbelievable price.



If you enjoy Build a man then you may want to give Talli Roland's 2 previous books whilst they are at such a good price

3 comments:

  1. Build a Man is my favourite of Talli's books. Definitely a page turner Rea! Can't wait to read 'Construct a Couple' x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Rea! So pleased you enjoyed it -- and be careful what you wish for; the inside of my head might be a very scary place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I LOVED Build a Man and am busy badgering Talli as to when we can expect the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS