Sunday 26 February 2012

Just Another Manic Mum-Day by Mink Elliott

After finishing Before I go to Sleep I needed to kick back and relax on this beautiful Cancun beach with a little bit of pure, easy chick lit! While browsing the shelves of WHSmith there was a very bright book that seemed to stand out from the rest so it was clear this book was boarding this plane with me!

Plot


Roxy, Jack and daughter Joey, three, are building a new life for themselves in sunny Sydney, Australia, but Roxy's finding it hard to settle down. When she discovers she's pregnant again, things become even more complicated - how will she cope with a second child?


Frustrated at the lack of places for stressed-out mums to go, Roxy and her new friend, Shoshanna, set up Just Another Manic Mum-Day - a café catering exclusively for parents. But when an opportunity arises for Roxy to return to England, she realises just how much she's missed home.


My Opinion
This is the first book I have read by Mink Elliott but this book does actually follow on from her previous book The P***ed off Parents Club, having not realised this when I first brought the book I was a little bit hesitant about reading it in case I felt like I didn't follow the flow of the book by not already being introduced to the characters but I didn't find this at all, there were a few mentions of The P***ed off Parents Club but I still found I was on track with the storyline.

The main character in this book is Roxy who is our typical mum struggling to try and balance out the different aspects of her life, work, money and weight being her main struggles alongside trying to raise daughter Joey and be the loving wife to Jack. I do not have kids but even I found I could relate to her character constantly trying to struggle through the worries of life so Roxy was an easy character to connect to.

The storyline was very easy in the typical chick lit style which made it a great beach read. The book gets off to a great start so we are absorbed straight into the story. There are a great mix of characters in this book some you will love, others you will have your guard up from the moment you meet them. There was some great humour in this book most of which came from little Joey who I loved.

If you are looking for a quick read, nothing challenging then this book is worth picking up.

 Like me you may also like to check out the previous book the link is below to grab your copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS