Wednesday 1 February 2012

This is a Love Story by Jessica Thompson

How stunning is this cover? This was winking at me from the shelf so it didn’t take me long to pick it up and start reading! 

Plot
This is a love story. 
Boy meets girl and girl falls for boy - that much is true. 
But when Sienna meets Nick it's not the way it happens in love stories. It's because of a squirrel on water skis...
She sees Nick's dangerous brown eyes and thinks,
Don't.
Fall.
Into.
Them.


Who will be there to catch Siena when she falls? She is so fragile. She has so many secrets, and he is not that serious.


Funny and sad, this is the story of two people destined never to come together in the great love affair they crave more than anything else.

My Opinion
This is simply one of the best books I have read in a long time it is a true little gem. The start of the book is a little slow but as the storyline started to develop and we started to bond with the characters it became a true page turner. If you are looking for an airy fairy read then this really isn’t going to cut it for you as the storyline is very delicate and realistic and covers some touching issues. 

There were times where I found myself laughing out loud ( no I didn’t fart or snort like a greedy pig !!!) * once you read the book you will understand! But towards the end of the book my laughter soon turned to tears. I think the reason I found it so emotional is because of the way Jessica Thompson manages to describe the characters so well they feel so real, so certain scenario’s really pulled at my heart strings.

I found the storyline really captivating although there were times where I found myself wanting to shake both of the characters and make them see sense. 

I find it quite hard to believe that this book is a debut for Jessica Thompson, if this is the kind of work she starts off with then I am very excited to see what she has in store for us next!





2 comments:

  1. I just got this! Someone described it to me as a quirky love story and I couldn't help imagining Juno. Your review just made me even more excited =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the review. I haven't bought this one yet but it's on my Amazon wishlist ready for when my book buying ban officially ends next month ;0)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS