Monday 28 May 2012

White Wedding by Milly Johnson


White Wedding by Milly Johnson follows three brides to be who all meet by chance in the White Wedding bridal shop and soon become great friends. Violet, Max and Bel are all very likeable characters but they are no way the perfect brides to be as they all have a hidden secret when it comes to their weddings and it is not just pre-wedding nerves! 
Bel is due to marry first she is engaged to Richard but her hopes and dreams not only for her wedding but for her future with her new husband to be are shattered when she finds out a heartbreaking secret. Violet is engaged to Glyn but is clearly having doubts about the wedding she feels very suffocated in her relationship and it is clear Glyn needs to get help to stop his paranoia before it puts the wedding in jeopardy. Max has been with her fiancé Stuart since college and the time seemed right for them to tie the knot but both Max and Stuart have very different ideas of their perfect wedding day. Can changes be made to ensure all the weddings still go ahead?


This was my first Milly Johnson book, I am unsure why I haven’t got around to reading one the authors books before because the covers of her books are very appealing to me and now I have read the synopsis of some more of her books they sound right up my street.

The author creates three fantastic and loveable characters with Violet being my favourite as I could relate more to her than the other two characters. Max defiantly brought the entertainment factor to the book with all of her wedding wishes being based on the Gypsy Wedding style. Bel really did have a hard time but I was a little frustrated at the situation she put herself through which I wish I could say more but I don’t want to give away to much detail as it will ruin her part of the story.

The book is split up into three parts one part for each ladies weddings and it was great that the chapters were very short as it makes it easy to be able to pick up and put down when you just have time to snatch a chapter or two, although this book had me gripped after the second chapter so I ended up finishing it in a day!

I loved the suspense that Milly Johnson manages to create especially with Bel I knew something wasn’t right early on in the book with Bel but I couldn’t figure it out so I had a shock coming. This was the same with the ending of the book it was just not possible to predict the ending which made you keep turning the pages quickly trying to get to the end to see how it all pans out.

This was a genuinely perfect read with a realistic storyline and three great characters. I highly recommend this book and I will now be on the lookout for more books by Milly Johnson as she has such a warm and enjoyable writing style I am definitely a new member of the Milly Johnson fan club!

Paperback                Kindle

2 comments:

  1. Great review, this is in my to read pile - now I'm looking forward to it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! This one looks like it was fantastic - I will definitely be picking it up. Thanks for sharing!

    New to your blog!
    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS