Saturday 7 July 2012

Chelsea Wives by Anna-Lou Weatherley


This is Desperate Housewives meets First Wives Club set in the glamorous borough of Chelsea.


On the King’s Road, revenge is sweeter than champagne… They are the ultimate ladies who lunch: Imogen, the beautiful ex-model, Calgary, the glamorous, former fashion editor, and Yasmin, the feisty ex-party girl.


But life isn’t all champagne and canapés. Plagued by personal tragedy and united by failing marriages, they mastermind a shocking plan to turn the tables on their husbands.


Set against a backdrop of exotic locations, designer boutiques and London's high society scene, these Chelsea Wives are about to join forces and risk it all for the ultimate revenge…


I am so pleased that I surprisingly loved this book! I was a little hesitant about reading this one as I am not a fan of Desperate Housewives which this book is constantly compared to but yet I really enjoyed it. I did find it took me a while to differentiate between the three main characters, although they had different back grounds it took me time to remember who was married to whom but once I had this down to a tee the book flowed smoothly and it became a real page turner.

I loved the surprising situation which occurred towards the end when the girls join forces to show their husbands they are not to be messed with and the build up to this moment was tense I found myself speeding through the pages to see what these ladies had planned!

Each of the characters are developed well and each of their relationships with their husbands are told in depth so we surprisingly feel sorry for these glamorous ladies and find ourselves routing for them even if what they have planned is on the wrong side of the law! For those of you who enjoy the whole fashion scene you will enjoy this book as there are many brand drops throughout this book.

I do love an ending that ties everything up perfectly I am not one who likes an ending that leaves us to use our imagination so for me the ending of this book really completed this fantastically entertaining read. This is a fantastic price on kindle at the moment so head over and click to get your copy.

Kindle                      Paperback

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on this book, Rea. It sounds like a fabulous indulgence and one that I'm sure I'd enjoy. And it's at a good price on Kindle you say..? Okay I'm off to download it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading Chelsea Wives this morning and really enjoyed it too. A really entertaining read! Great review Rea, Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS