Tuesday 3 July 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by E L James


After reading Fifty Shades of Grey I couldn’t wait to start book number two, Fifty Shades Darker, to see what on earth was going to happen next.

Daunted by the dark secrets of the tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Ana Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a US publishing house. But desire for Grey still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, she cannot resist.


Soon she is learning more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades than she ever thought possible. But while Grey wrestles with his inner demons, Ana must make the most important decision of her life. And it's a decision she can only make on her own ...

I was totally hooked on the first book because it was unlike anything I had read before. In this book there is more of a storyline starting to build up alongside the sex scenes but I have to say I found this one a bit of a chore to read through as the repetition which we saw in book one gets unbearable in this book. I was getting to the point where it started to irritate me so I did pick up and put down the book a number of times as near enough every page there was “Oh my” which was very annoying!

We start to find out a little more about each of the characters most importantly the reason why Christian is “Fifty Shades” thanks to his upbringing. I also found Ana felt a little more grown up in this book ( well I suppose she has to be after what she has just been involved with!) I loved the interaction with more character in this book as the first book mainly revolved around Christian and Ana bringing these characters into the book has helped to build more of a storyline and for the first time I can kind of see why people are linking this book to the twilight books.

I still enjoyed this book just not as much as the first book but then this is usually the case with trilogies. I am looking forward to reading the final book to see what happens to the couple I only hope the repetition stops for the next book.

Paperback               Kindle

3 comments:

  1. Haven't read it but I agree with your comments on book one so I'm guessing you're spot on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still undecided as to whether I want to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not like it...especially the way it was written...

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS