Saturday 21 July 2012

Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood


I couldn’t wait to read Yours Truly mainly for two reasons, firstly I loved the cover and I remember reading the post about the cover being developed with the various changes being made to make it perfect which I found very interesting. Secondly the author is Kirsty Greenwood from over at Novelicious and the ladies over there seem to have a similar taste in books to myself so I was secretly confident that Kirsty would write something to my liking but with any debut book you are never quite sure what is in store!

Natalie is a sweet natured character with “walk over me” tattooed on her forehead! Everyone from her family to her boyfriend Olly walk all over her and do not take her feelings into account but poor Natalie doesn’t have the heart to say anything even when she has a bad time at the hairdressers she still doesn’t say anything it seems easier for her to be upset than to stand up for herself and say something.

On a night out with her best friend to a hypnosis night things go terribly wrong when her friend Meg is meant to be hypnotised but the next day it soon becomes clear that although Meg didn’t full under Natalie sure did problem is every time she is asked a question she can only tell the honest truth. Things soon spiral out of control and Natalie is on a mission to find the hypnotist again to put things straight.

I loved loved loved this book! What a fantastic debut. It is funny in all the right places with situations you would never dream of. I don’t make a habit of comparing authors but I think it does help with debut authors so as you know if to take a chance on their new book and so I have to say the first thing that came to my mind whilst reading this book is wow the humour is very similar to Sophie Kinsella’s humour in Can You Keep A Secret which for me is great as that is my favourite book so I knew I would love this one if it kept the pace.

The characters are all fantastic even the characters we are not meant to like I loved as they brought their own little something to the book. Natalie’s character I found easy to relate to as I am similar in I would rather keep quiet to not hurt other people’s feelings so to watch her out of her comfortzone speaking her mind was very entertaining.

I found the book very pacey and the storyline didn’t feel as though it was being dragged out it was a simple easy read that had you turning over the pages wanting to see the outcome.

I would definitely read future books by this author. Well done on your humours and down to earth read Kirsty Greenwood.


Kindle

5 comments:

  1. I already have this on my wish list after reading another positive review and now I'm even more keen to get it - it sounds fab, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, it was even better than I thought it would be xx

      Delete
  2. Great review!! I am adding this to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ya thankyou for coming over to the blog and for your comment I hope you enjoy this one it is a great read and an even better price!! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this great review Rea! I'm starting this today for the new #sundaychallenge on twitter! Hurry up 1pm lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS