Thursday 31 January 2013

Love From Both Sides by Nick Spalding


I have lost count how many books I pick up to read and see on the cover “Laugh out Loud” or “Hilarious” and then read the book and just can’t seem to find what it was that people found amusing. When Love from Both Sides by Nick Spalding arrived in the post the first thing I noticed was the comment at the top of the book “The Laugh out Loud Bestseller” and I have to admit part of me was thinking here we go again!


Each chapter in the book alternates between our two main characters Jamie Newman and Laura McIntyre. Both are single but are looking for a partner but this isn't as straight forward as it sounds, everything that could go wrong does go wrong. We follow both of the characters through their disastrous dates and just when you think it cannot get any worse it does!

Some of the things that happen on the dates will have you cringing and other times you will do exactly as the cover says and laugh out loud! This has to be the funniest book I have read in a long time and one of very few books that actually had me laughing out loud rather than just feeling amused.

As can be expected with the author being male there is some typical bloke humor and sexual talk but again I found this amusing but I have grown up around many male family members and friends so am used to their humor some people may find it a bit much but I am hoping the majority of readers will see the funny side to it. I was surprised how well the author managed to write Laura’s side she was very natural and feminine and a character I really loved.

I cannot wait to read the sequel. This book is going to be talked about A LOT this year I am sure!

I cannot recommend this book highly enough if you are looking for a book to get rid of the January blues! All I can say is you will never look at a pedal bin again without getting the giggles!


Kindle             Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS