Monday 30 September 2013

Woman Walks into a Bar by Rowan Coleman

I am not a fan of short stories but when I heard than one of my favourite authors was releasing one and that all the money the book earns will be going to Charity I decided to give it a try.

I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed this novella, this is perfect to read on a train journey to work something quick and easy reading. The main character Sam in a very lovable, genuine character who works in a supermarket. She is a single mother and thanks to her daughter and her friends she is back in the dating scene. It soon becomes apparent that with internet dating it is a bit like a Disney film kiss the frogs and the hopefully prince charming will come along!

The book is fun but also touches on a darker situation which was a nice balance. I am surprised how much I loved Sam in such a short space of time. I was still left wanting more but then I find this with all of Rowan Colemans books, you never want them to end!


This is a great way to do your bit for charity and also have a little treat for yourself at the same time. Easily the best novella I have read.



Great Price,Great Treat, Great Cause !! xx

2 comments:

  1. I too have just finished this book and I also loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it too and thank you for popping over xXx

      Delete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS