Thursday 19 June 2014

Two Weddings and a Baby by Scarlett Bailey

Tamsyn Thorne has not been back to her home town of Poldore for five long years. But now her brother, Ruan, is about to get married and she has no excuses left. Her plans to arrive in Cornwall looking chic and successful are dashed when a huge storm turns her from fashion goddess to a drowned rat. Worse, she ends up insulting the local hunky vicar - and then finds a tiny baby abandoned in his churchyard.


I was so excited to hear that Scarlett Bailey was releasing another book set in Poldore and not only that it is another wedding themed book yippee!!
Tamsyn is living the high life, she lives in Paris works in fashion and is primed to within an inch of her life. She is about to return to her home town of Poldore for her brother Ruan’s wedding but she is far from excited.

On arrival a disruptive storm breaks out and little does Tamsyn know this storm is about to move her life in a new direction.

I was so excited to start this book as I am a massive fan of Scarlett Bailey ( Rowan Coleman) and it sees the first book by Bailey that isn’t a Christmas themed book so I was looking forward to seeing a different setting for her writing even if it wasn’t a nice sunny one! The book is set back in the town of Poldore which I fell in love with in Just for Christmas and it also features many of the characters so it was great to fast forward and see what is going on with the characters now.

Tamsyn goes through a transformation for me when we first met her I really didn’t like her which I was a bit worried about with her being the main character but she seems to find her true self through this book and so I did eventually warm to her. I really enjoyed the storyline it wasn’t what I was expecting at all and the shock find at the beginning ( sorry that’s all your going to get from me because I don’t want to be a SPOILER!) I didn’t expect that. I did find the book a little predictable in parts but that really didn’t but any downer on the book I was still intrigued to see how it reached the outcome.

I love the romance in this book, in true Scarlett Bailey form it is a very bumpy ride but that is something I love about her writing nothing is ever straight forward! The book sees the locals working as a community and it gives a cosy and friendly feeling to the book.


This is another winner for me from Scarlett Bailey I can’t wait for her next release.




Kindle      Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS