Friday 27 February 2015

First Time in Forever by Sarah Morgan

Happily-Ever-After isn’t on Emily Donovan’s agenda… Emily’s been too swept up in a challenging year of firsts, from becoming a stand-in mum to her niece Lizzy to moving to remote but beautiful Puffin Island, to think about love. But that’s before charismatic local yacht club owner Ryan Cooper kisses her…
Ryan knows Emily has a complicated past that she’s struggling to face. So he makes it his mission to help her unwind and enjoy the chemistry they share. 
Can the welcoming community of Puffin Island work their magic on Emily and get her to take her biggest leap of trust yet —putting her heart in someone else’s hands? 

 I first came across author Sarah Morgan when I picked up her first book in the Snow Crystal trilogy and after devouring them and fan girling over the gorgeous O'Neil brothers I was so disappointed that they had come to an end. When I heard that Sarah Morgan was going to be bringing us a new trilogy set on Puffin Island I was looking forward to reading more books by her but I was sceptical that I would enjoy the new trilogy as much as Snow Crystal.

Emily Donovan's life has reached a massive turning point, she has just been dumped, lost her job and now finds herself the guardian of her niece Lizzy after the death of her sister Lana problem is Emily has never met Lizzy and she also doesn't know the first thing about looking after children and is so scared of doing it wrong but one thing she knows is she needs to get Lizzy to a safe place where no one will recognise her and so she takes her to Puffin Island. With emotions running high Emily doubts her ability to look after her but will the help of a sexy local man help?

If you are reading this review Sarah Morgan then I am sorry I doubted you! I was immersed in this storyline straight from the off, and anyone who loved the Snow Crystal books will adore this book too, I can not wait for the next book in the series already.

Sarah Morgan has a beautiful way of setting an idyllic scene, Puffin Island just sounds like just the place I would like to spend my time. I loved the sense of community spirit that was in this book, everyone is so friendly and supportive so you can imagine what an uplifting read this book was. 
We have the testosterone flowing through this book which is something that this author seems to deliver well I would love to see the kind of eye candy she gets her inspiration from! Ryan was not only oozing sex appeal and confidence but he was also very caring and a gentleman too. I liked that we were kept guessing for a lot of this book about his background it made his character more intriguing. Emily was a great character too and again we know something horrific has happened to her in her past but we are left guessing for some time and I was shocked when the truth came out it wasn't what I was expecting.

I love the comforting feel to this book, it was a slightly steamy, romantic and entertaining read and I can not wait for the next book Some Kind of Wonderful to be released.


Kindle                     Paperback

1 comment:

  1. Lovely review will definitely be reading this new series as I have loved all Sarah Morgan's books so far.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS