Friday 20 February 2015

Silent Scream by Angela Marsons


Five figures gather round a shallow grave. They had all taken turns to dig. An adult sized hole would have taken longer. An innocent life had been taken but the pact had been made. Their secrets would be buried, bound in blood … 

Years later, a headmistress is found brutally strangled, the first in a spate of gruesome murders which shock the Black Country. But when human remains are discovered at a former children’s home, disturbing secrets are also unearthed. D.I. Kim Stone fast realises she’s on the hunt for a twisted individual whose killing spree spans decades. 

As the body count rises, Kim needs to stop the murderer before they strike again. But to catch the killer, can Kim confront the demons of her own past before it’s too late?


I seem to be reading a lot of crime thrillers this year which is not my typical genre but there have been some great releases this year and social media is buzzing about them but I have just finished reading Silent Scream by Angela Marsons and I have to say it is definitely the best one I have read this year.

D.I Kim is called to the murder of a head teacher but what Kim didn’t expect was that the murder would lead to a massively disturbing case of horrific murders that happened in the past and the murderer is still on the loose.

This was such a pacey read and I was so enthralled by this storyline. We are introduced to a vast amount of characters in such a short space of time which had me on alert and suspicious of everyone! It was a gruesome and disturbing  read in places but this only added to the appeal to the storyline and made me route for Kim to find the murderer.

D.I Kim was a hard flawed character which worked well as a main character because as well as the suspense of the murder case there is also intrigue into what has happened in Kim’s past to make her such a loner and brutal character.

I had two suspects in mind but the storyline isn’t predictable so I enjoyed uncovering the clues with D.I Kim and there was a twist that I didn’t see coming. The storyline was action paced and didn’t feel like it was being stretched out at any point.


This was a captivating read that I read in one sitting and currently this book is amazingly only 99p on Kindle and all I can say is it is worth every penny of that and more, I will be picking up future releases by this author and will be recommending this book too.


Kindle                    Paperback

2 comments:

  1. Rea, thank you so much for this fantastic review and for all your support. I am so pleased you enjoyed it and once again I apologise for the dreams that followed xxx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS