Tuesday 20 October 2015

Bad Sisters by Rebecca Chance

Three ambitious, rivalrous sisters. And a deadly secret, which one of them is determined to keep buried at any cost ...
Deeley is the fake wife of a Hollywood TV hunk, who is secretly gay. But Deeley's five-year contract is up, and his cut-throat publicist wants Deeley out. So, dejected and penniless, Deeley wends her way home to London, hoping to re-establish links with her two estranged elder sisters ...
Devon is married to the nation's-favourite-rugby-hunk Matt, and has her own highly successful TV career, as the sexy hostess of her own cookery show. But behind her buxom facade, Devon is lonely and frustrated, and when a live celebrity cook-off shows her up as a fraud, she leaves sweet Matt and runs off to Tuscany, to learn a few lessons - not just in cookery - from an Italian master.
Lastly, there's Maxie: a politician's wife, Maxie is fiercely ambitious. She's furious when Deeley, hard on her luck, sells the sisters' childhood story to a tabloid newspaper, revealing their impoverished roots and unsavoury parentage. The story undermines Maxie's carefully cultivated image, and the fallout threatens to be devastating. But Maxie is only too aware that there is much more Deeley could yet reveal. 
What murderous secret lies in the sisters' past? 
And just how far will Maxie go to keep it buried?


I am a huge Rebecca Chance fan and for me she is an author who I can’t compare to any other and I have read and loved every one of her books other than Bad Sisters and I don’t know how on earth I missed this one because I have heard the title and seen the cover but when reading the synopsis it didn’t ring any bells so on my travels back from a week away I brought myself a copy and started on it as soon as I got home, that was 5 hours ago and I have just finished!

The storyline follows three sisters, Deeley, Devon and Maxie.The book opens in 1993 when they were only young girls faced with an unspeakable situation that could put the girls in a tremendous amount of trouble if anyone became aware of it so the girls swore never to speak of the events of that day again. Fast forward eight years and the sisters have left the past in the past and carved out a successful life for each of them, Devon is a presenter on her cooking show and married to the gorgeous Matt the rugby player, Deeley is living it up in LA and dating the famous Nicky even if all is not what it seems and Maxie is married to Olly who is a politician but it is Maxie who has control of everything. But can the past really stay hidden or are hidden secrets always going to end up coming back to haunt them?

This was such an addictive read that was impossible to put down. The chapters alternate between each of the sisters which helped me to build an accurate picture of each of them. Each of the women were so different they were easy to differentiate and they all intrigued me. I warmed more to Deeley as she had a slight vulnerability to her and she doesn’t seemed to have grown up and found her way in life not knowing what she really wants to do. Devon brought out mixed emotions in me in one instance I felt sorry for her and could relate to a part of her so I felt like I connected to her but then in the next instance I felt myself disliking her as she seemed very self-centred. Then we have Maxie who seemed like a very ambitious and controlling character that had a cold and suspicious feel to her I just seemed wary of her character from the first chapter and this intensified as the book progressed.

As ever there are some real steamy sex scenes and yet again Rebecca has written these scenes with such ease and they weave into the storyline perfectly.  Rebecca Chance has such a skill when it comes to descriptive writing from the saucy scenes to the various locations no matter how briefly the characters were there such as when Deeley jetted off to Jersey I felt like I was on the gorgeous Island luxuriating in the calm and idyllic spa!

This was another 5* read for me Rebecca Chance never disappoints.



Paperback                Kindle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS