Thursday 21 January 2016

Lost Girls by Angela Marsons


Two girls go missing. Only one will return.


The couple that offers the highest amount will see their daughter again. The losing couple will not. Make no mistake. One child will die.

When nine-year-old best friends Charlie and Amy disappear, two families are plunged into a living nightmare. A text message confirms the unthinkable; that the girls are the victims of a terrifying kidnapping.

And when a second text message pits the two families against each other for the life of their children, the clock starts ticking for D.I. Kim Stone and the squad.  




Seemingly outwitted at every turn, as they uncover a trail of bodies, Stone realises that these ruthless killers might be the most deadly she has ever faced. And that their chances of bringing the girls home alive, are getting smaller by the hour… 



Last year I found myself really getting into psychological crime thrillers which was never a genre I felt comfortable reading but when I read Silent Scream by Angela Marsons I was hooked and couldn't wait to read the next book in the Kim Stone series Evil Games which turned out to hold just the same amount of suspense and grit as the first book. I was a little worried as well as eager to read the latest

book in the series Lost Girls for the pure reason that I typically find by book three of a series I am starting to lose interest and begin to see flaws in the storyline.

Kim is back on another gruelling and tense case, this time two little girls have been kidnapped from families who are extremely close but how strong is a friendship when it is your child's life against theirs?
With a press black out, the game begins but will this be one crime Kim can't crack?

I had no reason to worry about this book as I actually enjoyed this one more than Evil Games and would say it is just as good as Silent Scream ( maybe even a smidge better shhhh). What this author has managed to do is create such a complex main character in Kim who is a cold hard workaholic but after having a little insight into her past we accept this in her character and know that deep down there is still a soft spot hidden away.


The writing style this author has has such a skilled way of absorbing the reader into the storyline and holding their attention by chilling them to the bone and making their minds work over time as you are constantly looking for a little trail of clues to help solve the case. I was so tense reading this book and I was suspicious of everyone but I was still shocked when the identity was revealed as this was not a person I had framed for the crime!

I love how Kim is such a realistic character she doesn't ever go into battle and then come out with fairy wings and glitter dust she takes the punches like a true hero that she is in my eyes.
I still don't feel like Kim has ran her course yet and I really hope we have many more books in this series to come as they are all such gripping compelling reads I just do not understand how on earth these books have not been snapped up for a to series yet as they really would be such a hit so I am keeping my fingers crossed that one day they will grace our screens.


Kindle                    Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS