Tuesday 26 July 2016

No Turning Back by Tracy Buchanan

When radio presenter Anna Graves and her baby are attacked on the beach by a crazed teenager, Anna reacts instinctively to protect her daughter. 

But her life falls apart when the schoolboy dies from his injuries. The police believe Anna’s story, until the autopsy results reveal something more sinister.

A frenzied media attack sends Anna into a spiral of self-doubt. Her precarious mental state is further threatened when she receives a chilling message from someone claiming to be the ‘Ophelia Killer’, responsible for a series of murders twenty years ago. 

Is Anna as innocent as she claims? And is murder forgivable, if committed to save your child’s life…


I am still yet to read Tracy Buchanan’s debut but I was gripped by her book My Sister’s Secret last year so I wasted no time getting stuck in to her new release No Turning Back.

The book gets off to a quick dramatic start when radio presenter Anna is attacked by a teenager whist she was walking along the beach with her baby daughter. She instinctively tries to protect her daughter and herself but she never imagined that when she woke up the next morning her life was about to crumble around her.

The boy had died……

What starts off as self-defence soon becomes doubtful when the autopsy comes back which suggests something far more alarming.

The book races along and gradually reveals more twisted and disturbing situations that all seem to have a link to Anna and with each chapter I found myself getting increasingly tense and more suspicious of Anna as well as two other characters. I couldn’t put this book down I was desperate to find out who was the sick twisted person responsible.

The storyline alternates between Anna’s point of view and also snippets of the killers actions which were chilling and sickening. Anna isn’t a character I liked but for this particular book that wasn’t an issue as her character contributed to the suspicious and wary feel that the storyline has.

I love this authors writing style it draws you in from the start and holds your attention the whole way through not letting your attention waver in case you miss a clue. You will be suspicious of everyone. I haven’t read a book in a long time that has kept me in complete suspense the whole way through, but I had no idea what we would discover and when everything was revealed I was genuinely in complete and utter shock! So if you’re looking for a tense pacy read that will have your mind working overtime trying to solve the mystery then you will not be disappointed with No Turning Back.

I would be happy to recommend this book to anyone looking for an unpredictable, sinister and gripping read.



Kindle                  Paperback
I want to see all of your faces when you reach THAT moment! Tweet me @bookreviewbyrea with the hashtag #OMGNoturningback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS