Saturday 20 August 2016

Wildflower Bay by Rachael Lucas


Isla's got her dream job as head stylist at the most exclusive salon in Edinburgh. The fact that she's been so single-minded in her career that she's forgotten to have a life has completely passed her by - until disaster strikes.

Out of options, she heads to the remote island of Auchenmor to help out her aunt who is in desperate need of an extra pair of scissors at her salon.

A native to the island, Finn is thirty-five and reality has just hit him hard. His best friends are about to have a baby and everything is changing. When into his life walks Isla . .


Wildflower Bay has been released in parts as e-books and I did read the first part and was looking forward to the rest of the book but I opted to wait for the complete novel as I am greedy and impatient and like to read it all in one go!

Isla has worked hard to become the head stylist at the swanky hair salon in Edinburgh but throwing herself into her career means she hasn’t actually lived her life to the full. When everything comes crumbling down around her she reluctantly heads to Auchenmor to help run her aunts salon which is worlds apart from the high end salon she is used to.

Having always worked in the hair/beauty industry, this storyline had great appeal as it was something I could relate to. I am a fan of storylines that take a business and attempt to turn them around so I really enjoyed watching Isla come up with strategic and realistic ideas.

Isla isn’t a character I warmed to immediately as she seemed like a hard career driven madam but as the storyline moves along her character starts to blossom and by the time I got to part three in the book I genuinely liked her character and I was hoping for a happy ending for her.

I did find that part 2 especially around the chapters of Lily I found my attention wavering, her character was irritating and the whole retreat part just didn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the storyline  but luckily the storyline did pick up again.


There is a sweet blossoming romance and the building of new friendships which bring a comforting uplifting feel to the book along with a touch of humour and I have to admit I had a lump in the throat moment that threatened to bring on the waterworks!


Paperback              Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS