Friday 31 May 2019

I Heart Hawaii by Lindsey Kelk



When Angela Clark’s best friend Jenny invites her to join a press trip to Hawaii, three days of sun, sea and sleep sounds like the perfect antidote to her crazed life.
 
At work in New York, she’s supposed to be the face of Having It All. But the only thing Angela feels she excels at is hiding in the printer cupboard, eating Mini Cheddars and watching Netflix on her phone and if this is living the dream, she's more than ready to wake up.
 
A few days away with Jenny sounds like exactly what she needs but Angela’s talent for getting into a scrape guarantees nothing goes to plan – and not even the most beautiful beaches, blue skies and daiquiris will get her off the hook…



The excitement I have always felt with a new release from the I Heart Series was fizzing away as I was about to start I Heart Hawaii but there was also sorrow bubbling under the surface knowing that this is going to b the last time I get swept away with Jenny and Angela’s antics with this being the final book in the series.


Angela looks like she has it all, but she needs time away from her crazed life and some quality time with her friends so when Jenny coerces her into jetting off to an all expense paid business trip to Hawaii it seems like the break she needs. As ever nothing goes smoothly and its not long before the women find themselves wrapped up in their usual antics!


Lindsey Kelk has tied this series up beautifully and as much as I hate the fact that this is the final book in the series I think it  is best to go out on a high after years of tears, laughter, friendship, mishaps and romance there is little more that can be done with the group now so I think it was right to end the series here.


With the I Heart books there always comes lots of mishaps and comedic antics which I absolutely love and this is carried on into this finale. Friendships and relationships are on a bumpy ride but deep down I knew that Jenny and Angela would be ok as they have got such a deep bond, a friendship I would love to have and no matter what these women go through and what they sling at each other they are always there for each other in their time of need and it is their friendship that has drawn me into these books time and time again.


The storyline is predominantly set in Hawaii as the title suggests but where as the locations are normally so vivid in my mind after Lindsey Kelks descriptions I personally didn’t find this as much with this novel the focus was more on the activities they undertook but I was ok with this it was on these activities that a lot of the witty parts occurred and I was looking forward to funny storyline.


I Heart fans will not be disappointed by this book even though it will be hard to leave these characters who almost feel like friends they are so real to us behind.


Paperback                Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS