Saturday 27 September 2014

Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie kinsella



Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is in Hollywood!
It's as if all her life has been leading to this moment. She's hanging out with the stars … or at least she will be, when she finally gets to meet movie superstar Sage Seymour, whom husband Luke is now managing.

There's so much to see and do! And getting Minnie through the hurdles for her A-list Hollywood pre-school will require some…er…help. Becky sets her heart on a new career - she's going to be a celebrity stylist. Red carpet, here she comes! 

But Becky soon finds it's tough in Tinseltown. Luckily her best friend Suze comes over to keep her company, and together they embark on the Hollywood insider trail. But somehow...things aren't quite working out as they’d hoped.
Then Becky's big chance comes, and it's an opportunity that money can't buy.
 But will it cost her too much?

What a long wait we have had for our Sophie Kinsella fix! I always enjoy the shopaholic series but each time I finish one I usually think surely there is no more the author can do with Becky and then bang out comes another book to entertain us.

This time Becky, Luke and Minnie have temporarily moved to LA for Luke's work and Becky is determined to well and truly live the LA life, Minnie is in a top swish play school and Becky is off to make her big dream come true ( ok current big dream!) she wants to be a celebrity stylist and she is willing to do anything to brush arms with these celebs!

I finished this book last night and I had to calm down over night before I wrote my review! SOPHIE KINSELLA what are you doing to us you can't just end it there! I was so into Becky's world then all of a sudden it just ended on an almighty cliff hanger I had to check that there were no pages missing from my copy! On a good note we know that there will be another shopaholic book so I might MIGHT let the author off!

Ok now I have got that off my chest and have stopped rocking in the corner I can now tell you how much I loved this book because it is one of my favourites in the series. Becky is still in Lala land but this is why we love her so much because she is still such a scatty loon, she is so unpredictable you never know what on earth she will try to pull off next but when she does it really isn't a shock because that is just Becky.

The humour is back in this book and on a couple of times I found myself laughing out loud the hamster part particularly got me because she just continues to dig herself into a hole. The lovely Luke is back and unbelievably still with Becky, this guy surely needs a medal to still be able to put up with her antics and still be so forgiving. I still can't take to Minnie she is the best form of conception for me!

This book was well worth the wait, I was hooked all the way through and was highly amused. I do wonder what on earth will happen in the next book, I just can't believe we have got to wait! I could sulk and give this 4 star just for because the ending made me feel like someone took my sweets away ....... But I can't because it really is worthy of a 5 star!




Kindle                    Hardback

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of Sophie Kinsella's books, but I really really want to! They sound light hearted, funny and super entertaining. The perfect book to read on a long journey ^^

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/perspective-dead-poets-society-35.html

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS