Sunday 22 October 2023

The Twat Files by Dawn French

 



When I was younger I wanted to be an interesting, sophisticated, semi-heroic, multi-layered person.

BUT.

That kind of perfect is impossible. Being an actual twat is much more the real me. Sorry to boast, but I am a champion twat.

In 
The Twat Files I will tell you about all the times I've been a total and utter twat. The moments where I've misunderstood stuff and messed up. In my life these have been key because:

Mistakes tell us about ourselves.
Mistakes tell us about others.
Mistakes are hilarious.
Mistakes expose our flaws.
Mistakes show us ourselves honestly.
Mistakes are gloriously human.

My hope is that these stories might fire up yer engines to remind you of just what a massive twat you 
also are.

Let's celebrate and revel in this most delightful of traits together.

That would be perfectly twatty.


The Twat Files by Dawn French is sure to give you a good laugh as this comedy sweetheart shares with us the many mishaps and Twatish moments she has had throughout her life.

The way this book is actually set out makes for very light, quick and easy reading allowing you to pick up and read a couple of chapters here and there because it is all written in a sparse way rather than blocks of writing and we even have the odd little comical doodle added in for more light hearted entertainment too.

There are so many scenarios that Dawn invites us to witness with her from incidents with celebrities and also general mishaps too and I did have many chuckles along the way. It is quite refreshing to see this woman who graces our screens and has made us laugh for many years actually feels very down to earth and relatable and it just shows that just because celebrities are supposedly living this glamorous life that we are sometimes envious of they actually have Twatish moments too as well as fan girling too!

The part with Dawn’s meeting with Prince Charles had me cracking up and only Dawn could get away with their conversation!

This book entertained me more than I was expecting and I raced through it in no time, her humour seeps through each and every page and this book has only made me love this woman even more.


Kindle            Hardback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS