Sunday 12 November 2023

The Pumpkin Spice Cafe by Laurie Gilmore

 



When Jeanie’s aunt gifts her the beloved Pumpkin Spice Café in the small town of Dream Harbor, Jeanie jumps at the chance for a fresh start away from her very dull desk job.

Logan is a local farmer who avoids Dream Harbor’s gossip at all costs. But Jeanie’s arrival disrupts Logan’s routine and he wants nothing to do with the irritatingly upbeat new girl, except that he finds himself inexplicably drawn to her.

Will Jeanie’s happy-go-lucky attitude win over the grumpy-but-gorgeous Logan, or has this city girl found the one person in town who won’t fall for her charm, or her pumpkin spice lattes…


If you haven’t heard of The Pumpkin Spice Café then I am not sure where you have been hiding because this book has blown up everywhere and is shouted about being the must read Autumnal book of the year and so I had to go and buy a copy for myself to see what I have missed.

The start of this book was very promising for me because our main character Jeanie takes over the running of her aunt’s café, The Pumpkin Spice Café and these kind of books are my favourites so I already felt like I was onto a winner here. Add to this the setting with autumnal festivities being held with pumpkins here and apple bobbing there it was a great start.

Then we have our love interest in the form of a hulking sexy farmer called Logan who is loved and cared by every one of the towns residents. He has a gentle, loving nature hidden under the muscles and the chemistry between Logan and Jeanie is instant.

If you like your saucy spicey sex scenes then there are some chapters that are ready and waiting for you with the sexual tension and chemistry flowing through but towards the end of the book it felt like that was all it was really about and so I soon lost interest.

This is probably one of those books that is great for someone who is just getting back into reading and wanting something steamy, light and romantic but for me this book needed a bit more to the storyline to make this a memorable read for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS