Friday 29 March 2024

Every Move You Make by C.L Taylor

 



Keep your friends close and your enemies closer…

Alexandra, Lucy, Bridget, River and Natalie. Five friends who wish they’d never met. Because the one thing they have in common is the worst thing in their lives: they are all being stalked.

When one of their group is murdered, days after their stalker is released from prison, time stands still for them all. They know their lives could end just as brutally at any moment – all it takes is for the people they fear the most to catch up with them.

When the group receive a threat that one of them will die in ten days’ time, the terror that stalks their daily lives becomes all-consuming. But they know they don’t want to be victims anymore – it’s time to turn the tables and finally get their revenge.

Because the only way to stop a stalker is to become one yourself…


C.L Taylor is one of my go to authors when I want a unpredictable and gripping psychological thriller so I was eager to dive into her new release Every Move You Make which takes us into the world of Stalking.

The book gets off to a gripping start wasting no time in getting gritty with a murder so I was already finding myself falling into this storyline with intrigue. We get to know four main characters River, Alex, Lucy and Bridget who are all victims of stalking and have formed their own little support network via whatsapp to help each other seen as they all find themselves frightened for their lives but things take a turn when they are at a funeral and receive a wreath stating that one of them will die in 10 days time, question is which one of them is the target?

I have to say though I did struggle a little with this book, for some reason I kept losing my way with whose stalker was who and I continuously found myself getting mixed up between Alex and Bridgets characters now I don’t know if this was just me or if this was actually done on purpose to cause confusion because I found where I was concentrating on trying to follow who was who I took my eye off the ball and wasn’t trying to look for clues to see who could be trusted or if there were cracks in anyone’s stories which would allow me to see if anyone had an ulterior motive.

The book really picks up in the last quarter and I found myself flicking greedily through the pages as things were beginning to come to light and things were taking a darker turn. I can hold my hands up and say I was completely in the dark with the revelation, I hadn’t had an inkling at all so the storyline was completely unpredictable for me which I loved. The author was able to bring the emotions of fear, suffocation and desperation to her characters because she knows firsthand what it is like to have a stalker and her experiences, she has used to bring insight and depth into the subject matter of this book.

Available to buy HERE

Amazon associate link

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS