Friday 10 May 2024

The Trip by Phoebe Morgan

 



The perfect holiday. The perfect crime.

Four friends on the holiday of a lifetime. Until a vicious murder shatters their paradise.

Four friends who'd do anything for each other, until now.

Only one of them committed a crime.

But all four know how to keep a secret.

And they're all guilty of something…


The Trip is my first book by Phoebe Morgan and she wastes no time in drawing the reader right into this fast-paced mysterious thriller. The storyline is set in Thailand with two couples who are hoping to reclaim their youth tighter on an unforgettable trip away and it sure was an unforgettable trip even if not in the way they had hoped!

I flew through this novel in a matter of hours as I was hooked by this storyline had found myself on edge with our characters, there was definitely a feeling of sinister danger surrounding the group from early on and I knew something dark was going to rear its ugly head but I didn’t expect what was revealed when we meet the mysterious Caleb. I was racing through the pages eager to see what was going to happen to our characters next. It had an element of dark suspense but it wasn’t too challenging or twisty so it would be the perfect holiday read to keep you entertained and intrigued without needing to devote your full attention to it.

The only thing I would say is the whole book kept me on my toes and in the dark and yet the ending was really predictable which was a shame because had it carried on with the suspense then this would have been an easy 5 star read but as a result was more a 3.5/4 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS