Sunday 18 September 2011

Vampire in Denial by Dale Mayer

Well you all know I love my chick lit books but I am a secret Young Adult fiction fan. After reading so many Chick Lit books recently I needed a little change so I decided to try Vampire in Denial by Dale Mayer. This is the first book in the Blood Ties series. When I read up on the author I was surprised at the range of books that she has wrote from Young adult to romance and even Non-fiction.


Plot
Blood doesn't just make her who she is...it also makes her what she is.


Like being a sixteen-year-old vampire isn't hard enough, Tessa's throwback human genes make her an outcast among her relatives. But try as she might, she can't get a handle on the vampire lifestyle and all the...blood.


Turning her back on the vamp world, she embraces the human teenage lifestyle—high school, peer pressure and finding a boyfriend. Jared manages to stir something in her blood. He's smart and fun and oh, so cute. But Tessa's dream of a having the perfect boyfriend turns into a nightmare when vampires attack the movie theatre and kidnap her date.


Once again, Tessa finds herself torn between the human world and the vampire one. Will blood own out? Can she make peace with who she is as well as what?

My Opinion
The main character in this book was Tessa and for a half vampire she is very down to earth and normal. She is still in her teens and she is experiencing what most teenagers experience and that is the feeling of not fitting in but for poor Tessa there is nothing she can do about it as it is part of who she is, she belongs to two different worlds.
I love that the storyline is dark and thrilling but yet Mayer still manages to bring in that little bit of romance to keep us women interested!

The story was easy to follow and made for a quick read ( I have finished this in an afternoon).
The book chops and changes between Tessa, Cody and Jared’s point of views which helps us to get an all around view on what is going on and makes it easier for us to understand what is going on.

I loved this book and found it very hard to put down... oh wait I didn’t put it down! But one thing DALE MAYER!! What are you doing to me!! I was so engrossed in the story, I was all tense and then it ended! I could almost hear the To Be Continued in my mind! I am so glad there is a follow on to this book but I am just not sure how long I can wait to find out what happens next now that the ending has left us with a twist rather than a happy ever after!

I would definitely recommend this to any Young Adult fans and I for one will be reading the sequel to this book.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a YA fan and I love a good vampire story! I hadn't heard of this series so thanks for highlighting it to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based from what you've written, this can be a good read for me. I'll make sure I get to this one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If either of you have a kindle it is a great price on amazon at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know I love my chick lit too. But I like to read all types of books. Iv actually been looking into YA books too. I like that you have posted about a book thats a bit different from what you usually read. Plus I find too then when I read a lot of chick lit, I like to read something else to give myself a break, then come back to chick lit even more excited! Great review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am the same Georgina it is nice to have a change as sometimes once you read too many chick lit one after the other they become a blur and merge into one so it is nice to have a change!! Still LOVE chick-lit though!!xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS