Saturday 29 December 2012

The Pollyanna Plan by Talli Roland


I have just finished reading Talli Roland’s latest release The Pollyanna Plan. I couldn’t wait to get started with this one as I have enjoyed all of Talli’s previous books and this book has my favourite cover, it is one that would catch my attention from the shelves.

Thirty-something Emma Beckett has always looked down on 'the glass is half full' optimists, believing it's better to be realistic than delusional. But when she loses her high-powered job and fiancé in the same week, even Emma has difficulty keeping calm and carrying on. With her world spinning out of control and bolstered by a challenge from her best friend, Emma makes a radical decision. From here on in, she'll behave like Pollyanna: attempting to always see the upside, no matter how dire the situation. Can adopting a positive attitude give Emma the courage to build a new life, or is finding the good in everything a very bad idea?


I thoroughly enjoyed this book and devoured this book in one sitting. Talli Roland manages to bring us a light and entertaining read but she also brings us a more delicate storyline involving Will. Having this more serious side showed a different side to the authors writing skills and has only made me love her work even more.

Both Emma and Will are both well-developed characters who are both in need of a little bit of positive mental attitude and as the book moves along you are hopeful that they will help each other pull themselves together and start living and enjoying life again.

It is unusual for me to prefer the male lead over the female because I usually find that authors tend to write same sex characters better, I assume because they can relate to them more but with this book Will was definitely my favourite character.

The Pollyanna Plan is by far my favourite book by this author. I will continue to look forward to her future releases.


I would also like to take this time to say a big congratulations to Talli on the birth of her baby xXx

Kindle

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Rea - both for taking the time to read and review, and for your kind congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always welcome huni. Hope you are enjoying your new little bundle !! xxx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS