Friday 15 March 2013

A Stitch in Time by Amanda James


Sarah Yates is a thirty-something history teacher, divorced, disillusioned and desperate to have more excitement in her life. Making all her dreams come true seems about as likely as climbing Everest in stilettos.

Then one evening the doorbell rings and the handsome and mysterious John Needler brings more excitement than Sarah could ever have imagined. John wants Sarah to go back in time ... Sarah is whisked from the Sheffield Blitz to the suffragette movement in London to the Old American West, trying to make sure people find their happy endings. The only question is, will she ever be able to find hers?



When I was sent A Stitch in Time to read I was a little apprehensive because of the time travelling theme but I do like to try something different from time to time.

It took me quite a while to get into this book but I think this is because I was so unsure about the whole time travelling thing but I am so glad I gave this book a chance because when the time travelling first came to light in the story our main character Sarah takes it in such a great way, she doesn't seem to take it as a normal day to day event she is shocked and feels as though she is hallucinating and she also has 101 questions about it all. It was because of this that I carried on reading because although the author has taken a very unlikely subject matter she has brought a very realistic reaction to the character so she won me over, on so many occasions when I am reading books this isn't the case and so you can not relate to the character but because of this Sarah was a more realistic character.

John was a lovable heartthrob who I loved from the moment we met him and my love for his character grew with the book. Sarah and John both make this book a joy to read. It is a wonderfully thought out storyline something that is very fresh with the use of Time Needles and Stitches and when Sarah is sent back in time the description of her surroundings set the scene perfectly and really sparked my interest.

I was expecting something a little futuristic when I read about time travel but this wasn't the case at all, by the time Sarah takes her second journey back in time it actually feels like a normal event!

I would really recommend this book it has a touching romance to add to an intriguing storyline definitely something you wouldn't have read before. I look forward to more books by this author.

This book is available on kindle now, the paperback copy is released 7th April.


Paperback                Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS