Saturday 2 March 2013

Pedigree Mum by Fiona Gibson


Kerry and Rob make the ultimate decision whilst on holiday to move with their two children down to the coast at Shorling-on-sea. What was meant to be an exciting new start in their new home is soon ruined when Rob makes the biggest mistake of his life which is about to effect his whole family.

With Kerry left to settle their two children into their new surroundings things soon become a struggle and the children want one thing which she isn’t too keen on…. A Dog. But will a new furry friend be enough to get the children and Kerrys life back on track?

I have loved all of Fiona Gibson’s books that I have read so once I read the synopsis for this book I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy to see what the author has in store for us this time.

The book centres around Kerry although we do get a few chapters with Robs storyline which I have to admit I continually felt like I wanted to throttle the bloke after what he has done so the only reason I wanted to hear his story was just to see him suffer although in my opinion he didn’t suffer enough! Kerry is a character who you easily warm to and you find all the way through the book you are hoping for a spot of happiness to come her way.

This was a great light-hearted easy read that I loved, the only thing I did miss with this book was the humour that the author usually brings to her books. There were some mischievous moments with Buddy the dog that did entertain me though.  As with the authors previous books the writing flows at such a perfect pace that it is quite easy to get swept away with the storyline. I was a little surprised by the ending it didn’t end how I had imagined which was quite a nice surprise in my opinion.

Another great read by Fiona Gibson can not wait for her next book as always.



Kindle                       Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS