Thursday 20 June 2013

Save The Date by Allie Spencer

Family weddings can be hell. ...and, marooned in Italy for her cousin's nuptials, Ailsa can be forgiven for thinking that this one is worse than most. With the bride and groom at loggerheads and the guests in uproar, it is a million miles away from the rest and relaxation she'd been hoping for. And then suddenly, in the middle of the mayhem, she comes face-to-face with Nick, the man she walked out on just a few months earlier.

How can Ailsa help get the wedding back on track when she and Nick can't stop arguing? But if they do, she might remember why she fell in love with him in the first place - and then there really would be trouble.



I have loved Allie Spencer’s previous books and her new release Save The Date is yet another enjoyable and entertaining read by this wonderful author. With my Wedding plans sizzling my brain at the moment it was time to take a break and see how traumatic other Weddings are!

What a perfect setting for a family wedding, beautiful Italy. But just because the setting is picturesque doesn’t mean everything else will be perfect in fact it seems with Alicia’s cousins wedding that everything is a drama, and if there are not enough problems with the wedding then try adding to the drama the unexpected arrival of Nick, Alicia’s partner whom she had only walked out on a few months before. This looks like it will be a wedding to remember!

After finishing this book I actually feel quite calm now about my big day! This was an exciting and enjoyable read that I devoured easily in one sitting. The book flowed at a fast pace and there seemed to be more and more drama as the book progressed. 

There are a great mix of characters in this book some such as Jess and Alicia who I loved from the start, then others who I was a little wary of such as Kitty and Charles, and of course a lovable but mischievous little canine friend who was a lovely addition to the two legged characters!  

Romance fans will love this book as there are relationships aplenty in this book but what I loved was the light hearted feel to the book and the humour, I felt like I had a constant grin on my face the whole way through reading this book.  Every time I thought nothing else could possibly go wrong with this disastrous family wedding something else happened to top it all!

The first thing that comes to mind when Allie Spencer is mentioned is glorious destinations, her descriptive writing when it comes to setting the scene always makes you want to jet off to the destination in her books and this was the same with Save The Date, I feel as though Italy is calling me now. If the descriptions are not tantalising enough then I am sure the beautiful cover will sway you, I think this is one of the best covers of 2013 so far.


Allie Spencer has given us another sizzler of a read. If you want humour, romance, a gorgeous location and not forgetting drama, drama, drama then make this your next read.

Paperback             Kindle

1 comment:

  1. I'm hearing lots of good things about this book, and am looking forward to reading it :o)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS