Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Vintage Girl by Hester Browne


When Evie Nicholson is asked to visit Kettlesheer Castle in Scotland to archive the family heirlooms, she jumps at the chance. Evie's passion for antiques means that, for her, the castle is a treasure trove of mysteries just waiting to be uncovered. But in each heirloom lies a story, and in the course of her investigations Evie stumbles upon some long-buried family secrets. 

Add handsome, gloomy heir Robert McAndrew and a traditional candlelit gala to the mix, and Evie's heart is sent reeling with an enthusiasm that may just extend beyond the Kettlesheer silver...


The Vintage Girl is the first booked I have ever read by Hester Browne and it was the cover that won me over with this book! I was struggling with another book and this one seemed to keep catching the corner of my eye, I am sure you all agree that this is a beautiful vintage cover and so I had to start this straight away!

Evie has a love of antiques and when she is asked to go to Kettlesheer Castle in Scotland to search for family heirlooms that may be able to help the family out financially she cannot wait. What she doesn’t expect to fins is some hidden family secrets and a gorgeous heir in Robert this is looking to be a perfect job for Evie she is in her element!

I really enjoyed this book. It is a great light, easy read that has a perfect writing style that envelopes you into the storyline from the first chapter. Evie is a wonderful main character she seems very dreamy and loving and she is certainly someone I would love to have as a friend. Her enthusiasm for all of the antiques she finds literally pours out through the pages. The descriptive writing when describing not only the antiques but also the castle and surrounds in Scotland was fantastic I actually felt like I was transported there and could visualise it all clearly in my mind.


The author has quite clearly done her research when it comes to Scottish reeling, I take my hat off to Evie because it confused the life out of me! Yes this book was predictable but it really didn’t affect my love of the book it was the perfect easy read that I needed. I will definitely be on the look out for more books by this author.



Paperback          Kindle

1 comment:

  1. If you like The Vintage Girl I can strongly recommend Hester Browns books about the little lady agency - I just read them again and they have circulated so much with my friends that the pages have started to fall out. We all love them:-)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS