Saturday 24 May 2014

Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon


Sometimes you have to step out of the light to see clearly again… Bronte never expected to see Alex after their one night together, but she never stopped thinking of him. So when she arrives at work one day to find that Alex is a new colleague, she is secretly thrilled. The only problem is that Alex is now engaged to Zara, the girl he was on a break from the night they met. Determined to move on with life, Bronte becomes a part-time wedding photographer, alongside her day job. Surrounded by loving couples, warring couples, tearful bridesmaids, mischievous pageboys and interfering mothers-in-law, she tries to navigate her way through wedding after wedding while her heart is being torn apart. As Alex's own wedding day draws ever nearer, Bronte and Alex's chemistry becomes harder to ignore, and Bronte must decide whether to fight for the man she loves, or to let him go forever.


Everyone goes mad for the new Paige Toon book every year when it is released and this year will be no exception. The author has delivered another addictive read that will have her fans all in a spin.

Our protagonist is the lovely Bronte and she is so easy to warm to straight from the start. Originally from Australia she has just moved to the UK to work on a magazine as a picture editor and has managed to catch up with some friends she met on a brief visit to the Uk a while ago. In her spare time Bronte finds herself helping out Racheal who has her own wedding photography business and an unreliable assistant so Bronte often steps in to help her with her weddings but can she overcome her fear of being inside church. Will she find love in the UK and will it change her views on marriage?

I wanted to be really careful when giving my brief synopsis of this book as this book could be spoiled by giving to much away when it comes to the romance. There is basically a kind of love triangle going on and the protagonist really can’t make her mind up, her feelings are confusing her and all the way through the author keeps the reader guessing as to who Bronte will choose. This has to be the only book where I would have been happy no matter what the ending as I couldn’t make up my mind if I was #TeamLachie or #TeamAlex ! Both of the male character is this book were both gorgeous and loving but they were both have completely different personalities. I loved them both and I honestly didn’t prefer one over the other.

The storyline was unpredictable and entertaining. I can’t get enough of books about weddings at the moment with mine now only weeks away and I loved seeing the different weddings taking place. One thing you can always count on with Paige Toon books is the emotion that just seems to seep through the pages and this is the case with this book.


This is another winner for me, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I feel like I have had my Toon Dose fo another year, roll on 2015 for another release! Although The Longest Holiday is still my favourite by this author, I would still recommend this book.



kindle                    paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS