Sunday 20 July 2014

Love Under Different Skies by Nick Spalding

Sometimes, the hardest part of staying together is keeping a straight face... Ever wish you could leave all your problems behind and make a fresh start somewhere else? Trade the stresses and strains of everyday life for your own slice of sun-kissed paradise on the other side of the world? Jamie and Laura Newman certainly have. When Jamie's spectacular meltdown at work results in him being handed his P45, and Laura finds her working days end up with her rugby tackling defenceless pensioners in the high street, a move ten thousand miles away sounds ideal. After all, it might mend some of the cracks that have appeared in their marriage over the past few months... So when Laura is offered a new job in Australia, the Newman family think their dreams have come true. But as the old saying goes - be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. As the hapless couple soon find out, problems have a way of following you, no matter how far you go to avoid them. Can love survive under different skies?


I needed cheering up and wanted to start a new book and when I looked on my bookshelf I saw Love Under Different Skies by Nick Spalding and knew that I could count on this author to get me laughing!

We meet up with Jamie and Laura Newman again, things have continued to go wrong for the poor couple, and now Jaime has lost his job it is down to Laura to become the breadwinner and when she is offered a job in Australia they can’t afford to turn it down and after Jaime struggles to get work he hopes that a new start will be good for him and his marriage. Will there new life be all they hoped it would be in Australia?

This is one author I can guarantee will have me laughing out loud and reading this book was no exception. The authors witty humour is toeing so close to the line which I love and can honestly say the humour is not like any other book I have read. The way in which the story is told is via Laura’s diary to her dead mother and Jaime’s view on his blog, so we get a first-hand account from both of our main characters. It almost feels as though it is a bloke in a pub telling us his story as it is actually quiet believable and the way it is told feels like we are just having a general chat!

There are no low points to this book, every page is entertaining and eventful and just when you think things cannot possibly get any worse for this couple something else just pops up. I still remember the “pedal bin moment” from the first book and I still find myself chuckling away and I think the poo situation in this book will stay with me too.

There are literally no negative points that can be said about this book it is fun and witty and you will easily finish this book in a day as it is impossible to put down as you can’t stop laughing. I can see the author making another book about the Newman family, Poppy is starting to get a funny side to her character too so I think there could be more in store for this family and I know I will be first in line waiting to pick up my copy.


If you are looking for a laugh out loud read that will have you gripped from start to finish then make this your next read.





No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS