Saturday 8 November 2014

The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty


'This is your last chance to change your mind, Rose. After today we can't go back. Ever.' Seventy-three years have passed since sisters Rose and Connie found an abandoned baby in the only other house on their little island, Scribbly Gum. With both parents vanished without a trace, Rose and Connie made the decision to take the baby in as their own. And since then the 'Munro Baby Mystery' has brought them fame and fortune. But now, with Connie dead and outsider Sophie Honeywell inheriting her home, Rose begins to wonder if they made the right decision all those years ago. With the anniversary looming, and people still trying to solve the mystery, how much longer can they cover up the lie that has sustained their little community for four generations? And what other secrets are about to be revealed?



I have enjoyed all of Liane Moriarty's books so far and when I read the synopsis of The Last Anniversary I was really intrigued. The story line centers around the Munro Baby Mystery, sisters Rose and Connie discovered an abandoned baby on the island of Scribbly Gum, the parents of the baby seemed to have disappeared into thin air and years later there are tours on to the island with people coming to see the Munro house. Connie has now died and has left a surprise in her will that will bring someone back to the Island.

There is such a large group of characters in this book and yet they all came to life in this book and no-one was forgotten and after the first few chapters when I became familiar with who was daughter/son to whom I the didn't get confused with who was who through the rest of the book. It is one of those rare books where I loved each and every one of the characters too. I love how each of the characters own story lines are all weaved so beautifully into the main story line especially Grace whose emotions really flowed through the pages and I actually found it quiet heartbreaking to see the mindset of someone going through her situation.

I was so enthralled by this story line, the mystery really had me gripped and I actually had no idea as to what the outcome was going to be so I was gripped the whole way through. If that wasn't enough the final twist just made this book complete for me! 

This is my favourite book by this author and is one I would definitely recommend you to read.


Kindle                     Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS