Friday 29 May 2015

Evil Games by Angela Marsons


When a rapist is found mutilated in a brutal attack, Detective Kim Stone and her team are called in to bring a swift resolution. But, as more vengeful killings come to light, it soon becomes clear that there is someone far more sinister at work. 

With the investigation quickly gathering momentum, Kim finds herself exposed to great danger and in the sights of a lethal individual undertaking their own twisted experiment. 

Up against a sociopath who seems to know her every weakness, for Detective Stone, each move she makes could be deadly. 
As the body count starts to mount, Kim will have to dig deeper than ever before to stop the killing. And this time - it’s personal.


Earlier this year I read Silent Scream by Angela Marsons and it was an outstanding read, part of me couldn't wait to read the sequel Evil Games to see what the author has in store for Kim this time around but as I often find I was also very wary about reading Evil Games as when a book has been exceptionally good I can't help but worry if a second book can be as good or better than book one, but luckily for me Evil Games was such an addictive read that didn't disappoint.

Kim has a very disturbing case to solve with the help of Bryant, a father has been arrested after abuse on his own daughter but nothing is ever straight forward for Kim and so when a number of murders are committed with one main link to Doctor Alexandra Thorne who is a psychologist Kim is determined to solve this case but at what cost?

It was great to be back in the company of Kim again, she is such a strong, courageous character and her background and lack of emotion gives her an intriguing edge she is such a great character. This book is very twisted and disturbing which does make it a dark and gritty read but the amazing friendship between Kim and Bryant brings a little light to the storyline, Bryant is the only one who can get Kim to engage in a little light hearted banter even if it is just taking the mickey out of each other!

Angela Marsons has created such a foul, twisted, evil character in Alex as each chapter went by I loathed her more, I don't remember having read a book with such a vulgar villain character so praise to the author here and I hope she managed to sleep at night after writing from this twisted women's point of view!

The book was set at a great pace and my interest was piqued all the way through. The author managed to pull the wool over my eyes I didn't guess who we were looking for in the end so it was a shock when all was revealed. 

This is the second book in the series and although you could read this as a stand alone, I do personally feel that you would benefit more from reading Silent Scream first so you really get to know about Kim and why she is the way she is, not only that it is a fabulous read so you wouldn't want to miss out!

This gets a massive thumbs up from me and I can't wait for book three, please tell me there is a book three!


Kindle                    Paperback




1st book in the series

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS