Friday 22 May 2015

Truly Madly Greekly by Mandy Baggot


Capable, confident and career-driven, Ellen had her dream job and a marriage proposal from boyfriend Ross. Life was good, her future set. Until it wasn’t and everything fell apart… 

Whisked off to the beautiful island of Corfu to plan her sister Lacey’s big, fat, Greek wedding, Ellen is hoping some time out will help clear her head and heal her heart. But letting go of her past is not going to be easy. 

With Lacey in full on Bridezilla mode, Ellen is soon distracted from her own problems. And when the all-inclusive treats on offer at hotel Blue Vue include one gorgeous, brooding Adonis – Yan – Ellen finds him difficult to resist.

But Ellen isn’t looking for love or lust, or anything involving too much ouzo…or is she?

I have just finished reading Truly, Madly, Greekly by Mandy Baggot, I have read all of Mandy's previous books and I can honestly say this is her best book by far.

Ellen accompanies her sister Lacey on a holiday to Corfu on a mission to check out the hotel and area for Lacey's Wedding and this holiday couldn't have come at a better time as Ellen has a secret and it looks like she is going to be found out so the distraction of some make eye candy may be just what she needs.

This is the first book I have read this year that really has that Summery, beach read feel about it. Set on the island of Corfu this was a glorious setting, the author describes different parts of the area from the ruins to the mountains and beautiful beaches so it was easy to visualise the setting, I just wanted to be whisked away there.

The storyline is a great light read which was just what I needed after a couple of intense reads so I devoured this book in only two days. There were no big twists and turns that I didn't see coming but this didn't effect my enjoyment of the storyline. I am sure the majority of us have gone away at some point and had a little holiday romance so we can all relate in a way to this storyline.

Yan oozed sex appeal through the pages and I grew used to his broken English too I did wonder if it would begin to grate on me but luckily it didn't. Ellen was a perfect female lead for us although at times I would have liked to have kicked her up the bum!



If you are looking for a light hearted, fun, summery read with a splash of romance then try this one for your holiday it will soon get you in the holiday mood.

Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this gorgeous review, Rea! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS