Friday 11 March 2016

Transworld Rising Star Event

On Wednesday I went out, not just out I went out out! 
It was an evening hosted by the wonderful team at Transworld celebrating 
their Rising Star Authors and what a wonderful night it was.

The Event was hosted at the swanky Jewel Bar in Piccadily.






Anna McPartlin was talking to us about her upcoming release Somewhere Inside of Happy which sounds like a book with a rollercoaster of emotions and this author has such a wicked sense of humour and is so engaging I could have listened to her all night long but then my cheeks would be on fire from laughing so much!





We were also joined by the duo writing team Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice. It was great to hear how they structure their books and work together, they have a large amount of trust for each other which seems to make the whole writing experience easier. I have only read a handful of books which are by two authors but I am looking forward to reading The Night that Changed Everything as it sounds like it is going to be a witty read.






After following Cathy Bramley for so long on Twitter it was lovely to finally get the chance to meet her. Her new book The Plumberry School of Comfort Food sounds like it is going to be a delicousy good and uplifting read and I can not wait to read it part one is available on the link below, but I will be waiting for the paperback as I am a greedy reader and like to devour it all in one sitting!






The whole evening was so relaxed, informative and enjoyable thanks to a much loved author of mine the talented Julie Cohen who hosted the evening asking burning questions to each of the authors about their books and the writing process. Julie's upcoming release has had a title change which is now Falling and it is a stunning read that you will not want to miss. I was a little star struck by Julie that when she asked where I was I launched my phone in the air! I always make such a wonderful impression! ( why am I still invited to these events?) 






At the end of the night the generous team let us take a copy of each book to then get signed by each of the authors which tied the evening off beautifully and I can not wait to get stuck in to these books.
A Big thank you to the authors for taking the time to talk to us and also to everyone at Transworld for hosting a memorable evening and for our books and good bag.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great fun, and I can't wait to read all the books :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS