Wednesday 30 November 2016

It's All Absolutely Fine by Ruby Elliot

I had come across Ruby Elliot on Twitter (@Rubyetc ) with some of her drawings so when her publishers asked if I would like a copy of her new book called It’s all Absolutely Fine I jumped at the chance as it was something completely different to what I usually read and was rather intrigued.

It is no secret that I battle with anxiety and depression and sometimes it is so hard to put in to words how you are feeling to someone who has been lucky enough never to have suffered but what Ruby has managed to do is draw pictures that shout a thousand words making it understandable to those who don’t understand and also making them incredibly relatable to those who have found themselves going through the dark times.

Ruby has managed to take the topic of mental health and sprinkle some humour to make it a lighter read. There was one particular picture that showed how yes you can acknowledge all the things that you have achieved but instead lets focus on that tiny little thing that I messed up and this is something that I do constantly and when I looked at the picture I could whole heartedly relate to it but looking on the outside in it just seemed so stupid and funny but obviously when that is the mindset you are in it there is no humour there.


Some of the bits in the book was a little too far out there for me but all in all I enjoyed this book because it tackles mental health awareness in an original way. I have seen many people complain about the drawings but personally I didn’t read it for the quality of the artwork for me it was more about what the drawings were portraying and so this book gets a thumbs up from me.


Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS