Wednesday 1 February 2017

My Sweet Revenge by Jane Fallon

I want to make my husband fall back in love with me.
Let me explain. This isn't an exercise in 1950s wifeydom. I haven't been reading articles in old women's magazines. 'Twenty ways to keep your man'. That couldn't be further from the truth.
I want him to fall back in love with me so that when I tell him to get the hell out of my life he'll care. He won't just think, 'Oh good'.
I want it to hurt.
Paula has had Robert's back since they got together as drama students.
She gave up her dreams so he could make it.
Now he's one of the nation's most popular actors.
And Paula's just discovered he's having an affair.
She's going to remind Robert just what he's sacrificing.
And then she's going to break his heart like he broke hers.
It will be her greatest acting role ever.
Revenge is sweet.
Isn't it?

My Sweet Revenge is the first book I have read by Jane Fallon and what a great introduction to her books, I will definitely be picking up some of her backlist now.

When Paula discovers that her husband Robert who is in the public eye is having an affair she is desperate to get him to full back in love with her but don't be fooled she isn't a desperate love sick wife she is a determined strong minded woman who is going to deliver her sweet revenge right at his feet!

This was such a great read and it had my inner girl power coming to the surface I was right behind Paula and was routing for her to flip the switch on her husband Robert but I also love that she was finally focusing on herself, she seemed to have just been plodding along through life and now she was taking some time for herself to not only improve her image and her health but just to actually start living in general.

The book alternates between Paula's point of view and also Saskia’s point of view who is the mistress Paula suspects Robert to be having an affair with. At times I thought the book was predictable but then the author would suddenly through something in the storyline that would then make you rethink which helped to keep my attention hooked the whole way through.

I loved watching the little ideas Paula would concoct to get her revenge they brought a little wicked sense of humour to the storyline. I did feel like the storyline was a little drawn out as we came towards the end of Part 2  turn overall I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to going back and discovering more titles by Jane Fallon now.



Paperback                  Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS