Tuesday 18 April 2017

Spring at Blueberry Bay by Holly Martin

Bella has always had a sunny outlook and caring nature, despite recently falling on hard times. When she finds a handsome homeless man on her doorstep, her kind heart tells her she must help him. So, she invites Isaac into her cottage and into her life in ways she could never have imagined…

But Isaac is not what he seems. He’s keeping a huge secret from Bella, yet he never expected to fall for this open, generous and charming woman. 

Bella can’t ignore the chemistry between her and Isaac, but she’s had her trust badly broken in her past. Will she run when she learns the truth about Isaac, or will he be the one man who can help Bella believe in love again?





Spring at Blueberry Bay is the first book I have read by Holly Martin, the synopsis really called out to me so I wasted no time in downloading my copy and starting it immediately but I never expected to finish it the same day.

Bella Roussel has not had the best start in life and now she finds herself jobless and struggling financially with only enough porridge for the next day so she is pinning all her hopes on the job interview the following day. What she didn’t expect as she approached her house is to see a homeless guy laying outside her house, she does no more than to offer him a place to sleep that night out of the wind.

Isaac has never been offered a place to stay before, typically he would be ignored or at best given food or money but this kind woman has invited him in to her home. Now he really feels guilty at the secret he is keeping.

Bella Roussel is a genuine kind hearted and loveable character, yes she seemed very naïve and also has vulnerability about her too but this all adds to the charm of her character. She was still a very determined and strong woman too who wanted to stand on her own two feet but she also has trust issues and she had built up walls so high to protect herself from being hurt again.
I loved Isaac even if his actions were wrong at the beginning part of the book I could see his reasons behind what he done and I forgave him straight away. He was a very charming and ambitious character who I loved and hoped he would get his happy ever after.

The book is set on Hope Island and the author describes the setting beautifully making it easy to view the vibrant houses, the stunning views and the characteristics of the Island easily in my mind. The author has such a light and easy writing style that flows effortlessly making this the perfect read to take away with you on holiday this year. Full of romance and a few steamy scenes too this is the perfect read for hopeless romantics but what I also loved was the light humour too, I found myself at times chucking away along with the characters without even realising it which just shows how easy the characters were to connect too.


I really enjoyed this book and I would not hesitate to pick up another by this author, I will be sad to leave Hope Island and the characters behind I do hope the author revisits these characters in a future novel to see how they are doing.


Kindle                   Paperback 

1 comment:

  1. I admire your blog a lot because you give a chance of review to books of new writers. This sounds like a good book and interesting book to read. Thanks for a good review.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS