Sunday 18 February 2018

Still Me by Jojo Moyes

She knows how many miles lie between her new home in New York and her new boyfriend Sam in London.
She knows her employer is a good man and she knows his wife is keeping a secret from him.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to meet someone who's going to turn her whole life upside down.
Because Josh will remind her so much of a man she used to know that it'll hurt.
Lou won't know what to do next, but she knows that whatever she chooses is going to change everything.

Me Before You is one of my all time favourite books and one of the rare books I have reread over again so I was look forward to the release of Still Me to see what Jojo Moyes had in store for Louisa Clark this time so I snapped up my copy from my local bookshop and headed home to jump straight in.
Louisa has an opportunity of a life time to really do what Will wanted her to do and push her boundaries and see the world when an opportunity for her to up sticks and move to New York and become a professional friend to the very wealthy Agnes. 
As Louisa is challenged in her role in keeping secrets and to partake in exercise that almost kills her she is also finding it difficult leaving Sam behind can a long-distance relationship really survive especially when a face from her past takes her breath away?
I really enjoyed this book and found myself taking my time reading this as I really didn’t want to leave Louisa again as with each book she is taken on a further exciting journey that is allowing her to find herself and I love being with her on her journey and watching her blossom. You can still rely on Lou to give us a good laugh but you can also really see the honest and genuinely caring character she is deep within always putting herself before others even when it leaves her in a vulnerable situation.
I loved having Nathan around again in this book as well as meeting some new characters like the difficult yet delightful Mrs De Witt and the ever so friendly and welcoming Ashok, I have to say I had my reservations surrounding Josh and Agnes from the get go, they didn’t warm my heart but they were great characters in this storyline.
Jojo Moyes really gets the balance right in this book with the emotional moments and her humorous antics which we had in Me Before You but that for me was missing in After You she has pulled it back again with Still Me and this is what kept me hooked and purely entertained and absorbed in the storyline from start to finish.
I have a feeling this may be the last in the series which I will be devastated about as I still feel we could have one more Lou adventure to tie everything up beautifully so I will still keep my hopes up that Jojo will grace us with one more little Lou book! If you are one of the extremely small population who still have not read Me Before You stop wasting time and go and grab a copy you will not regret it and then you will be eager to meet up with Lou again on her New York adventure in Still Me.



Kindle                      Hardback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS