Tuesday 27 March 2018

The Fear by C.L Taylor



When Lou Wandsworth ran away to France with her teacher Mike Hughes, she thought he was the love of her life. But Mike wasn’t what he seemed and he left her life in pieces.
Now 32, Lou discovers that he is involved with teenager Chloe Meadows. Determined to make sure history doesn’t repeat itself, she returns home to confront him for the damage he’s caused.
But Mike is a predator of the worst kind, and as Lou tries to bring him to justice, it’s clear that she could once again become his prey…

I have read a lot of positive reviews for The Fear by C.L Taylor and I have previous enjoyed her books so I was eager to track a copy down and see what thrilling storyline she has instore for us this time around.
Louise Wandsworth has reached the ripe age of 32 but she hasn’t fully embraced life as her past is still holding her back. When she was a teenager she ran off to France with her Karate Teacher believing she was totally in love with him but she began to see Mike had another side to him that frightened her.
When Louise heads back to her childhood town she soon discovers where Mike is now working but she also witnesses something that shocks her to the core and shows Mike has not changed his ways.
I was utterly hooked by this captivating read and at the same time I was also disturbed by it too. It really unsettles me to think that this sort of thing is going on in the real world and I often found myself thinking what would I do in the characters situation especially in the last few chapters. I was intrigued to see what way the verdict would go.
Louise was a very withdrawn and damaged character but as we begin to see what she went through I started to care for her character. I was shocked at her actions at time but in a weird way I accepted what she was doing and actually felt sorry for her when she realised she had done wrong but that she felt trapped like there wasn’t a safe way out. She needed to get her justice and have closure to be able to have a chance of living a fulfilled life.
I was a little worried that the storyline was going to be rather predictable as I thought the Wendy situation was very obvious from the start but there were other twists and turns that I didn’t see coming so my attention was still piqued throughout the book.
If you are looking for a fast paced storyline that will have your blood running cold then you will not be disappointed reading The Fear.




Paperback                Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS