Thursday 23 August 2018

While I Was Sleeping by Dani Atkins


What if someone else was living your happy ever after? When Maddie wakes up in a hospital bed, she can't remember anything about what happened to her or what has changed.
She just remembers she was about to be married and had everything to look forward to.
But it seems life has become a lot more complicated while she has been asleep …



I am broken….
While I was Sleeping by Dani Atkins has taken me on such a heart-breaking journey and this is definitely her best book yet and one of my top 3 books of 2018.
With only days left before her Wedding day to Ryan, Maddie is running last minute errands when she feels that she is being followed. After a desperate phone call to Ryan he arranges to meet Maddie as she gets off the bus. As she catches a glimpse of the stranger as she disembarks the bus she is relieved to see Ryan over the road but as she makes her way to him the unthinkable happens.
As her love ones sit by her bedside willing her to come around from her coma time moves on but Maddie is unresponsive frozen in time.
How long would you wait for the one you love?
This storyline is going to touch each and every one of its readers with its heart wrenching storyline. I loved each and everyone of these characters, everytime I was swaying to anger or dislike towards someone I would then hear from their point of view and see what an impossible situation each of them were in. I found myself question what my actions would have been had I been in exactly the same situation and I even had the discussion with my husband about how long he would wait much to the amusement of a couple next to us eavesdropping!
The whole way through I was in the dark not knowing what lay ahead as this was an unpredictable storyline. There is so much love, trust and honesty as well as some regrettable lies.
This book has made such an impact on me and I will be telling everyone I speak to about it as it is such a tender and highly emotive read that is impossible not to love. This is the first book in a long time that I have read in one big swoop finding it impossible to put down and now I have left these characters behind I feel bereft. Massive praise goes to Dani Atkins who must have been emotionally exhausted after writing this book.


Kindle                        Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS