Thursday 7 February 2019

The Book of Love by Fionnuala Kearney



One love. Two people. Twenty Years.
From the moment their eyes met across the room at a house party, Erin and Dom were meant to be.
If only it could be so simple. Over the years, the highs and lows of life conspire to keep them apart.
But a notebook can bring them together. On the blank pages of their love story, they write down everything they can’t always say – the secrets, the hopes and the love.
Falling in love is easy but staying in love is where the story begins…



The Book of Love is such a beautiful love story following Erin and Dom’s romance which is told through alternating chapters which jump back and forth in time, we take a journey with them from when they first met right through their joyous highs and tragic lows. The chapters are told from both of their points of view so we get to build a perfect picture of both characters and their love for each other shines through as well as their insecurities.

I loved reading the notes that both Dom and Erin wrote to each other in their notebook, I did find it a little sad at first thinking that they couldn’t have the bond to be able to say what they needed to say to each other but if I really think about it there are things I hold back from saying for not wanting to upset my partners feelings or not quite knowing how to say it out loud and this is exactly how Erin seemed to feel.

I found this storyline quite emotional at times and the issues that Erin and Dom face over the course of their relationship are all things that unfortunately many couples face day to day in the real world. One particular part of the book concerning their daughter Maisie did bring a lump to my throat.

I was quite content reading this book thinking this is a beautiful storyline well worthy of a 4 star review but then I reached a part in this book that I wasn’t expecting and straight away that 5th star was awarded! I don’t want to say anything else on this part of the book and I really hope other reviewers respect this too and do not give anything away as having the author completely pull the wool over my eyes with not even a small inkling is not something that happens often so I want everyone that reads this book to experience that same shock when they read this part ( YES YOU WILL KNOW WHAT PART!)

This was a touching romance that will take you on a roller-coaster of emotions as you see the struggles that Dom and Erin face and yet their total love and devotion for each other will warm the heart.


Kindle                       Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS