Friday 19 April 2019

Am I Guilty by Jackie Kabler



One moment I had it all – a gorgeous husband, a beautiful home, a fulfilling career and two adorable children. The next, everything came crashing down around me.
 
They said it was my fault. They said I’m the worst mother in the world. And even though I can’t remember what happened that day, they wouldn’t lie to me. These are my friends, my family, people I trust.
 
But then why do I have this creeping sensation that something is wrong? Why do I feel like people are keeping secrets? Am I really as guilty as they say? And if I’m not, what will happen when the truth comes out…?



I have previously read The Dead Dog Day by Jackie Kabler which I did enjoy but remember early on in that book working out who the murderer was. When the cover was revealed for her new novel Am I Guilty I was instantly intrigued and headed off to Amazon to read the synopsis and straight away my interest was piqued and I was looking forward finding out if this storyline could keep me guessing.

Thea is living a nightmare, her happy content world has been turned upside down by the death of her son Zander and its all her thought …… Or is it?


I found myself sympathetic to the situation Thea found herself in and I was convinced from early on that what she believed had happened on the day in question wasn’t true. Each of the chapters alternate mainly between Thea, Flora and Annabelle with addition of a couple of chapters by Isla, Rupert and Greg which allows us to get to know each of the characters as well as forming a picture of the events of that day through their eyes. Although there are a lot of characters points of view in this book they were all well-formed and at no point in the book did I lose track on who was who.


Am I Guilty is in a completely different league to Jackie Kabler’s previous novels, this one had me totally gripped and in suspense the whole way through. At around the half way mark I did have my suspicions as to who I thought may have had a hand in the events of Zanders death but even though I had these inklings the tension then intensified and what was then revealed towards the last few chapters was a complete shock that was disturbing and unpredictable and I found myself constantly wavering thinking everyone seemed to have a motive.


Without giving anything away I just have to say the way things are left between Thea and Annabelle is much more amicable than I would have been had I been in the same situation!


Am I Guilty is a gripping and sinister storyline full of hidden secrets and fractured relationships. I am now looking forward to future novels by Jackie Kabler.

Am I Guilty? is available on Kindle today. The Paperback is currently expected to be released 27th June.

Kindle                     Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS